Garmin GPS is a device meant for helping the users reaching their destination in a most convenient way. You have the option to select the particular route on the Garmin GPS for particular directions. If you are wanting to select the route, then the best way is to select the midpoint of that route. This will help Garmin selecting the shortest route based on the selected midpoint. The Garmin GPS will navigate through the midpoint.
Now, coming to the steps for programming the Garmin for the particular route. Read all the steps carefully before executing them on your device. If you find any trouble, you can contact Garmin experts.
- Turn on ‘Garmin’ and go to ‘Tools’.
- Open ‘Particular route settings’ and select the model type of your Garmin. You will find different options under the main menu of your Garmin. Go to ‘My data’ from the tools menu of your Garmin home screen. Under ‘Routes’, go to ‘Manage my routes’. Go to the ‘Saved route’. When you select this option, you will be prompted to select the new route. Click on ‘New’.
- Select the starting or origin point of your route. There are 3 options to select the starting point. The first one is through the ‘Find menu’, the second one through ‘Find on the map’ and the last one is using the current location. Go through on-screen instructions and select the starting point accordingly.
- Select the endpoint for the route for which you have set the starting point. There are again a few options to set the end-point from the Garmin GPS.
- You will be prompted to select the intermediate destination point. If you know the intermediate point, then you can add it. The purpose of adding the intermediate point is that it will find the shortest route for the selected destination. The intermediate point can be added in three different ways Viz: Find on the map, use the current location and from the find menu. You can go with anyone way out of the given choices. Click ‘Next’.
- Select the route type on the basis of ‘faster time’, ‘Shorter distance’, ‘Off-road’. If you don’t select any option, you will find the GPS automatically select the fastest route and check the shortest one. There are options to select the ‘Preferred menu’ for the longer or shortest drive.
- Tap ‘Finish’ to complete the settings for the particular route. You can now start navigating to the route without any problem and the desired route saved on the Garmin will automatically start displaying on the Garmin screen.