In the Garmin device, you can purchase the map of any other country quite easily and download it on your own. If you don’t know how to purchase and download them, then go through the content of this post. After downloading the maps on the device, the existing maps will continue to work.
Yes, the important thing to consider here is the network speed, if the network speed is good, then downloading will be finished in less than a minute.
- USB cable.
- The Garmin device is compatible with the new maps.
- SD card if the internal storage is not sufficient to store the data.
- Windows or Mac computer with Garmin Express installed within it.
- High-Speed Internet. It is suggested to connect the router to the computer through cable because the Dial-up line, fixed wireless and satellite communication doesn’t work with the Garmin.
- Credit card for additional purchasing of the map.
How to purchase a map?
If you already have downloadable content, then it will not support the map updates. You need to purchase a new copy of the map.
- Select the map from the ‘City Navigator’ page.
- Open the ‘Compatible devices’ list and check the compatible map for the device.
- Click ‘Download’ after selecting the version and add it to the cart.
- Don’t forget to check the cart before confirming the order.
- If required, login to the Garmin account.
- Select the shipping address from the options given. If no address is added, you can add it.
- Enter the billing address and select ‘Continue’.
- Enter the credit card details for making transactions and click on ‘Place secure order’
A confirmation message will arrive on the screen. Once the order is completed, you can start the installation.
How to install the maps using Garmin Express?
- Connect the Garmin device with the PC through USB cable.
- Open the Garmin Express on the computer. If there is a desktop icon on the computer for Express, then click on it simply. If you find no such icon on the screen, then go to the ‘Start menu’ and search for ‘Garmin Express’ under programs menu.
- Select ‘Garmin’ and add a device. Follow on-screen instructions to add the device if you don’t find it in the list.
- Go to ‘Tools and content’.
- Open the‘ Purchase tab’.
- Over to the ‘Sign-in’ page and click to ‘log in’ from the same account which you have used to purchase the map.
- If you don’t find the map in the window, then go to the cloud folder and check the map recently downloaded.
The current status of downloading in progress will be displayed on the Garmin window. Once the installation gets completed, you will find the ‘Successfully installed’ message. Disconnect the device from the computer.