Garmin edge is a kind of fitness tracking device developed by Garmin for sportspersons. This device is mostly used by cyclists who need complete features like incident detection, Trend line, and rider-to-rider messaging.
If you are using a Garmin edge and want to download the maps updates on the device, then follow the steps mentioned in the guide. It must be remembered that downloading map is available for free. You can install it for free.
Requirements and compatible devices:
The maps which we are going to discuss for download will support the below-mentioned devices:
- Garmin Edge 130.
- Garmin Edge 800/820/830.
- Garmin Edge 705.
- Garmin Explore.
- Bontrager Edge 1030.
Pre-requisites: Garmin Express software, USB data cable, Garmin SD card, and high-speed internet.
Keep in mind that if your device is not supported by Garmin, You won’t be able to install and download the maps on your device.
How to download maps on Garmin edge?
Garmin express app: With this app, you can download the Garmin express maps for free on your device. The steps for downloading the Garmin maps for your edge device are discussed below:
- Launch Garmin express app on your mobile or tablet. If you don’t have the app on the device, you can download it from online link.
- Before installing the Garmin express, check the system requirement and see if it met in your case or not.
- After installing the app, connect the Garmin edge using a data cable.
- When you connect the device, the express will detect the GPS automatically. Register the device online.
- After successfully registering the device, you will find a wide range of map updates available for download for free.
- Select any one particular map you want to install after clicking on the downloading option.
- Don’t forget to move the file to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect the device and install the map. Restart your Garmin edge and check if the updates are installed or not.
Downloading through the open street map: It is an online platform for downloading the maps on the device. Follow the below-mentioned steps to install maps on the Edge device.
- Open system and go to the Garmin software street map.
- You must ensure that you are having proper internet speed on the device where you are going to download the app.
- Select the bicycle maps option from the list of maps available on the website.
- Select the map type, area, and region from where you are going to download the map.
- Once the preferences get selected, go to next page and check the map updates. Click on the map you want to download.
- The minimum space required for moving the map to the SD card of the device is 500 MB.
- After moving it to the card, place it into the Garmin edge and install it.