Garmin devices are mostly touch screens which ease the users in managing or operating it. You can control your Garmin with the single touch of your hand. You don’t need to read the manuals online. Everything will appear on-screen in the form of instructions. You can read the instructions and make the decision accordingly. However, if the touch screen installed on your Garmin device is not working or responding as it should be, then go through the troubleshooting steps discussed here as under.
The steps are well-tested and verified by the Garmin experts. You can also apply the same steps without any problem.
The touch screen of your device not responding properly
- Go to ‘Settings’ from the main page and click on ‘wrench icon’ if given in place of the ‘Settings’ menu. This icon is mainly on the top right corner of the menu screen or on the bottom right depending on the model number of your GPS.
- Click ‘Display’ from the given options of ‘Settings’. The display option is sometimes available on the ‘Home’ page.
- Select ‘Touch screen’ from the display menu and search for ‘Calibrate’. If this option is not available, then click ‘Recalibrate’. In case of additional information, contact ‘Garmin experts’.
- Read on-screen instructions to re-align the touch screen so that it starts working properly.
Screen not functioning
- Unplug your Garmin from the power supply and turn it off. The external sources of supply can be computer, car or charger connected to the power supply. If you have not connected the charger, then you can get an alternate supply through the car charger.
- Change or swap the antenna connected to the Garmin device. In some Garmin devices, the antennas are foldable and you can use the same space for storage purposes. As mentioned above, this option is not available on all but in some models.
- Locate the ‘Reset’ button from the ‘GPS unit’ and press it. If your Garmin has a built-in antenna, then the reset button is generally engrossed under it.
- Reconnect the power source to the Garmin device. If you are in a car, then connect the car charger. If you are at home, then connect the wall charger to it. You will find the Garmin turn on immediately and start working optimally without any problem.
After trying the above-mentioned steps, if the problem of the Garmin screen is still not resolved with the resetting function, then you can contact the Garmin experts.