As you know Garmin works with the availability of the internet, thus if there is a bad connection or if you are losing out connection time to time then there would be a problem during the downloading of a particular data. In that case, your screen could flash messages such as, “An error occurred while installing or updating the content.”
What can you do for prevention:-
- Always keep your Garmin devices updates.
- Before the upgrade, kindly check that your devices have ample space for the update to install, because Garmin maps provide you with every single minute detail therefore, they can be heavy files up to 15GB.
- Working of Garmin requires high-speed data, therefore, if you need it to work well, you must choose your internet pack wisely.
- If you have set a data limit for your daily usage, you may find difficulty in running the application.
- Sometimes your Internet service provider (ISP) applies restriction on USAGE OF Data for certain web sites to clarify it with your service provider and do the needful.
- The date, time and time zone can cause interruption if the not in sync with the actual date, time and time zone.
- It is always suggested to avoid the use of public Wi-Fi, which can certainly affect your privacy and may end up in causing downloading errors. It is preferable to use your home Wi-Fi, possibly placing yourself in such a place where the connection is strong or otherwise you may use an Ethernet cable.
- Remove the previously store data of maps in your Devices as Garmin wouldn’t be able to rewrite its data.
- Certain times the proxy setting of the computer is not correct, for efficient working, one must have an accurate setting.
To verify proxy settings:
- Press the Windows key + R
- Search inetcpl.cpl
- Click OK
- Click the Connections tab
- Click LAN Settings
- The box of Automatically detect settings must be checked
- If, it is unchecked Use a proxy server for your LAN
- Click OK & then OK again
Mac OS X:
- Click on the Apple icon
- Click the System Preferences
- Click on Network
- Click the Advanced button
- Click the Proxies tab
- Choose the box Auto Proxy Discovery
- Click OK
- Click Apply
The following procedure will help your Garmin application work in sync with the Garmin servers.
- How can you restart your PC?
For Windows 8 and higher: Right-click the Start button then click Shut Down or Sign Out and click Restart.
For Windows 7 click on the Start button, click on the arrow besides Shutdown and Click Restart.
For Mac OS Click on Apple icon in the menu, further, click on Restart and then push Restart to confirm.
The above step should resolve the troubleshooting problem faced by individuals. In case, there is a certain obstacle that you cannot seems to rectify kindly visit the help and support column.