Garmin, as we all know, is the world-renowned brand for manufacturing GPS based devices. There are different types of devices made by Garmin, which are used for different purposes. If you are using Garmin, then you must be knowing about Garmin Data Source Card. If yes, then you will be surprised to know that this card can be converted into a memory SD card. So, if it can be used as a memory SD card, then it can be used for storing data on it.
MapSource maps record different types of maps and data for GPS use. Although these types of cards store data in the same way as SD memory cards, they come in the microSD variety. Because of their microSD classification, you must use a special adapter to attach MapSource data cards to the drives that view them on your laptop or desktop. In order to convert your Garmin Card Data Source Card into an SD memory card, you will need an SD card reader and SD card adapter.
Once you have these things with you, it’s time to proceed with the conversion process. So, let’s begin without any further ado:
- Put your microSD MapSource card into an SD card adapter.
- Insert your USB cord that comes out of your SD drive into a free USB slot of your laptop or desktop.
- Put your MapSource data card in your SD card reader. Click your mouse on the words “Start” and “Computer”. Double-click the removable device icon.
- Drag and drop your files from the new window that appears on your desktop. When you have completed this task, eject your microSD card and replace it with a normal SD card.
- Click with your mouse on the “Start” menu once more, and double-click on your small SD card symbol. Drag and drop your desktop MapSource files to the open window. This allows you to convert file data to your SD card.
That was all about the conversion of the Garmin data source card into a memory SD card. If you are unable to convert the Garmin data source card into an SD card, then you should check as to whether you have performed the steps in the right way or not. If you have, then you can take help of Garmin experts because the problem you are dealing with is not related to the aforementioned steps, but something else.